It’s Been a Milestone Year!
We marked 115 years of service to the residents of Suffield and we’ve changed our name from Emergency Aid Association to Suffield Community Aid (SCA). Suffield Community Aid, your local safety net, better communicates our message to those that both need our help and/or support our mission. What hasn’t changed is our unwavering commitment to delivering vital social services to our residents in times of need. You can help by making a special, year-end, tax-deductible donation to Suffield Community Aid’s annual appeal!
It can be confusing and scary to ask for help. SCA provides that safe and welcoming place for our residents when they don’t know where else to turn. They may have suffered a health crisis, required help caring for an aging parent or experienced financial hardship. When residents reach out, SCA serves as a safety net to provide the resources and assistance that they require to move forward more productively in their lives.
Below are just a few ways that your support enhanced the quality of life in our community last year:
- 180 households qualified for essential, and perhaps life-saving, heating assistance
- 27 camp subsidies and 102 filled backpacks were distributed to Suffield youth in need
- 145 qualified Suffield families, including 138 children, used the food pantry 509 times
- Staff responded to over 2,100 requests for information and provided comprehensive case follow-up to more than 360 households.
- 9,477 meals were delivered to homebound seniors by volunteers coordinated by SCA.
The end of another year prompts a time of reflection – a time when we look back at our accomplishments and look forward to what we still want to achieve. Here at the SCA, there is still work to be done and we ask for your financial support to make a difference! Often, just a little bit of help is all that is necessary to help preserve the safety and dignity of our residents in their time of need. Please donate any amount that feels right at the link below.
On behalf of the Board and staff of the SCA, we wish you a holiday season filled with peace.